While there is no clear proof that we have curtailed the pandemic on a global scale, it is safe to say that it is no longer a nuisance for enterprises to resume normal operations, while still following international health norms. As we emerge from the ashes of COVID-19, there is a greater desire for more effective call center solutions. 2022 will be the defining year for firms to resume what was halted in the previous two years.
While starting from scratch might be a taxing and stressful undertaking, there are still viable ways to assist organizations in gaining solid footing in this ever-changing, increasingly competitive corporate environment.
You are probably wondering why we are placing such an emphasis on customer service when there are several other operational aspects to consider to leverage your company’s stability. Although this is true, it is also crucial to keep in mind that the modern world we live in is one in which strategies centered on the customer are among the most critical factors in getting the clients’ support.
In today’s market, brand new companies will need more than an amusing advertisement or a clever catchphrase in their marketing strategies. Excuse the exaggeration, but providing excellent service to customers ought to be ingrained in the very fabric of your firm.
Providing impeccable customer service allows your business to gain a steady footing to navigate your chosen niche. Putting a heavy emphasis on customer service enables you to reap tons of advantages.
Let’s have a look at three of the most notable benefits of having great customer service.
1. Improved Sales Rate
Customers have a tendency to abandon their online purchases when they are unable to find somebody who can assist them. This is especially true for brands that sell more complex items such as home appliances, electrical gadgets, and other such goods. On the other hand, making sure that your clients have access to a help desk channel guarantees that they will remain engaged throughout the entirety of their shopping experience. Maintaining people’s interest in your brand likely results in increased revenue.
2. Improved Customer Retention
It is easier to gain customers than to retain them. This may apply to all types of businesses, but SMEs and startups are more significantly affected by this fact. If a business operates with limited time and resources, the last thing they want to do is increase their customer turnover rate.
Consequently, having reliable after sales services overturns the tables in your favor. Having a team of customer representatives geared to providing immediate and precise resolutions whenever they are needed strengthens customer loyalty. Satisfied customers intensify their loyalty towards your brand and tend to spread the good word about your brand. Simply, they become your instant brand ambassadors.
3. Help You Improve Your Products & Services
With an accessible help desk channel, you can communicate with your customers on a more personal level. It enables people to make constructive comments on the items and services you provide. Receiving feedback from clients is an excellent way to determine which aspects of your business require immediate reassessment or rebuilding to improve your product lines and services and remain aligned with changing customer demands.
Onshore vs. Nearshore vs. Offshore Call Center: Their Pros & Cons
If you are ready to outsource your call center service, you should take into account the proximity of the country in which you operate, the cost of living there, as well as the language barriers and time zone differences. If you opt to outsource, you should be aware of the differences between onshore, nearshore, and offshore outsourcing providers before making your decision.
Onshore outsourcing means collaborating with an outsourcing agency within the same country or region.
- Language and cultural barriers are not a problem
- They are familiar with your niche and market
- Since they are in the same country where you operate, they know their boundaries when it comes to intellectual property laws
- Their service fee is relatively more expensive
- Limited choices of skills and expertise
While it is a bit similar to onshore outsourcing, nearshore refers to outsourcing to countries that are geographically located in close proximity to your center of operations.
- Much less expensive (compared to onshore outsourcing)
- Time zone & cultural compatibility
- Language barrier is not a problem
- Services can be expensive
- Countries of operation are limited
Compared to onshore and nearshore outsourcing, offshore outsourcing refers to the collaboration of a company to an outsourcing company that is located in a completely foreign country with different languages spoken and cultural background.
- Since most offshore outsourcing companies are located in countries outside the United States, the overall cost of services is cheaper.
- You get access to a broader pool of skilled agents
- Gain 24/7 serviceability at competitive price ranges
- Scalable and flexible manpower that is ready to adjust to dynamic scenarios
- Language and cultural barriers are prevalent
- Tracking the quality of outputs can be challenging at times
- Company-imposed policies are sometimes neglected
Top 5 Countries for Outsourcing Customer Support
It is absolutely alright to hire an internal customer care team. However, the onboarding process can take some time before the team is fully operational. In contrast, collaboration with an outsourcing firm is a viable option for your company, regardless if it is in its early stages or it is a prominent firm in the field. This will allow your company to expedite the process of engaging a qualified and talented team of customer service agents. It also minimizes your operational expenses, and gives you access to a workforce that can be scaled as needed.
So, in which countries should you approach your customer support?
Here’s a rundown of the best countries where you can outsource customer support. The list is in no particular order.
1. The Philippines
These countries are ideal for outsourcing your call center services for a multitude of reasons, some of which include the population, cost of living, prevalence of the English language and literacy rate, language empathy, multilingual capabilities, network infrastructure, talent development, and access to modern resources, to name a few.
1. The Philippines (Offshore)
The Philippines, dubbed the “World’s Call Center Capital” and “The BPO Capital of the World,” is among the top countries in Asia for outsourcing call center services. In fact, industry behemoths like Microsoft, Facebook, Hewlett-Packard, IBM, American Express, and Well Fargo outsource some of their operations to Philippine-based outsourcing firms.
Why should you outsource to the Philippines?
- Superior English Proficiency – The Philippines ranks 18th in the European Fellowship’s English Proficiency Index (2021), making it an ideal choice for outsourcing. Not to mention, the Philippines’ literacy rate is at a staggering 98.18%.
- Favorable Tax Laws -The Philippines’ tax laws enable outsourced service providers to attract enterprises from all over the world. The Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA) encourages the formation of economic zones in the Philippines for overseas investment, including outsourcing firms, and assists enterprises, especially BPO firms, in obtaining tax breaks.
- The average monthly wage in the Philippines ranges between $500 and $899, depending on staff specialization.
Top Call Center Outsourcing Firms in the Philippines
- New Media Services
- Magellan Solutions
- Sutherland Global Services
- IBM Solutions Delivery
2. India (Offshore)
India, a strong competitor of the Philippines in the call center industry, boasts the second-best and the world’s largest industry overall. India takes great pride in its capacity to provide not just excellent customer service but also software development and other services associated with information technology. India’s remarkable advantage in delivering BPO solutions makes it an excellent alternative for outsourcing customer support.
Why should you outsource to India?
- Cost-Effective Outsourcing – India provides cost-cutting options for enterprises all over the world. The cost of living in India is cheaper than in other countries in the United States, hence firms can access an expert workforce at extremely affordable rates.
- Access to an Expert Talent Pool – India is the world’s second-largest English-speaking country, making it a perfect alternative for organizations looking to outsource call centers, particularly those based in Europe and North America.
- India’s basic labor pay averages up to $450 per month.
Top Call Center Outsourcing Firms in India
- TCS BPO
- Infosys BPO
- Genpact Ltd
- Wipro BPO
- EXL Service
- Tata Consultancy Services
- IBM Daksh
- Firstsource Solutions Ltd
- Aditya Birla Minacs Worldwide Ltd
3. Poland (Nearshore)
Poland is one of the leading European countries in terms of providing businesses with reliable outsourcing solutions, particularly call center services. In addition to being part of the largest IT-based outsourcing centers in Eastern Europe, Poland also specializes in finance and accounting-related services.
Why should you outsource to Poland?
- Heightened Data Security – All call center outsourcing firms in Poland are GDPR compliant, which assists organizations in keeping all data safe and secure.
- Steady IT Infrastructure – Poland is an excellent choice for multinational organizations looking to outsource since it has one of the most specialized tools and software for both offshoring and onshoring initiatives
- In Poland, the average monthly pay ranges from $1500 to $1900.
Top Call Center Outsourcing Firms in Poland
- KODA Bots
- Cyclad International
- Euvic IT
- Focus Contact Center
- Blue Idea
4. Malaysia (Offshore)
Malaysia, despite being a rising country in the outsourcing industry, has shown to be a force to be reckoned with. Ranking third in the 2021 Kearney Global Services Location Index (28th overall) in English proficiency, Malaysia is yet another Asian nation where you could potentially benefit the most from outsourcing.
Why should you outsource to Malaysia?
- Excellent Command Over the English Language – Being ranked third for countries with the highest English proficiency makes Malaysia another viable choice when you are outsourcing as they can carry out their customer service more efficiently and effectively.
- Cheaper Outsourcing Costs – Compared to the United States and other European countries, the cost of living in Malaysia, along with India and the Philippines, is significantly less expensive. To put it differently, the cost of labor is far lower, despite the fact that the quality of the workforce is on par with that of other industrialized countries.
- The basic monthly pay in Malaysia can reach up to $1,500.
Top Call Center Outsourcing Firms in Ukraine
- Canaan Communication & Technologies
- Brandt International
- VPO Services
- VADS Berhad
- NXG Global
- ENVO BPO
- Wingo Starr Group
- Upstream BPO
- SRG Asia Pacific
5. Ukraine (Nearshore)
Another European nation has a call center service that is heavily oriented toward the information technology sector. Ukraine is well poised to become one of the leading countries in Europe, providing a comprehensive variety of information technology-related solutions to all overseas outsourcers.
Why should you outsource to Ukraine?
- Tech-focused Talents – According to recent outsourcing data, Ukraine already has over 200,000 software specialists. This figure alone demonstrates that Ukraine outsourcing companies are capable of handling both administrative and technical call center scenarios.
- Time Zone is Not a Problem – Eastern European countries will profit greatly from Ukraine in comparison to Asian countries such as the Philippines and India considering Ukraine and its surrounding countries share comparable time zones.
- On average, the basic pay in Ukraine is around $850 per month.
Top Call Center Outsourcing Firms in Ukraine
- Apex Call Center
- Cience Technology
- Sales AR
2022 is an Excellent Time to Outsource
In a nutshell, outsourcing can assist companies in being globally competitive in this dynamic industry. It enables you to grow your operations and operate with a flexible workforce while saving time and money and focusing on the factors that matter most for your operations.
However, picking the best outsourcing partner also depends on where they are based, as this might have an impact on your whole operations. You also have to factor in the costs involved. It is critical to understand how your chosen outsourcing company will affect your profitability. Will they offer access to skills and proficiencies that are well-suited to your business needs? Will they be capable of demonstrating flexibility in assimilating their processes with your internal operations?
BPO is a broad industry, but it becomes clearer when you know where to outsource. Knowing the best place to outsource your operations helps reduce your alternatives when it comes to specific call center service characteristics and attributes that you believe your firm requires. In that moment, you will know you have met the appropriate business partner who will help you succeed in the long run.
Table of Contents
- Onshore vs. Nearshore vs. Offshore Call Center: Their Pros & Cons
- Top 5 Countries for Outsourcing Customer Support
- 2022 is an Excellent Time to Outsource